The most fun about cooking for me is to turn something unhealthy into something healthy, delicious and healthy. These flap jacks or bars are quite small in size but filling. This is due to the foundation of ground almonds. If you want these sweeter or less sweet, play with the amount of dates. My husband loves these and hopefully so will you.
Gluten Free Vanilla, Almond & Pumpkin Bars
8 dried dates0.5dl/50ml pumpkin seeds
1/2tsp vanilla extract
2 egg whites, whisked
- Preheat the oven to 175ºC/350ºF.
- Ground the almonds in a food processor and transfer to a bowl.
- Finely chop the dates in the same food processor.
- Combine the almonds, dates, pumpkin seeds and vanilla extract.
- Add the whisked egg whites into the mixture.
- Transfer the blend to a baking sheet and form a 14cm/5.5inch square.
- Bake in the oven for 10min.
- Take out and cut into 10pcs, 1 cut horizontal and 4 vertical, and separate them slightly from each other.
- Bake for an additional 5-10min
FREE FROM: gluten, dairy, soy, wheat, yeast, and lactose
Visit Elana at Elanas Pantry for many inspiring recipes with almond flour. Her site focuses on gluten free food made mainly out of almond flour.